Colouring icing black
1. Ingredients: Icing sugar, a little water, cocoa powder (“baking cocoa”), Brauns-Heitmann food colourings in blue and purple.
2. Mix 50 g (approx. 3 tbsp) of icing sugar with 1½ tsp of cocoa.
3. Now dissolve 1½ tsp of blue food colouring and one sachet of purple food colouring in 4 tsp of water and stir into the icing sugar mixture.
4. Stir the mixture until all colour crystals have dissolved and the black icing has an even, shiny finish.
5. Now you can get creative by using the black icing to decorate your biscuits and cakes.
Do not make your black icing too thin, or it may take on a bluish appearance.